Mexican Beef Tostadas
8 Fajita sized flour tortillas
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 15oz can refried beans
1 pound lean ground beef
3 tablespoons prepared taco meat seasoning (Recipe found here)
1/4 cup warm water
1 can Bush’s Black Beans, drained
4 cups chopped, loose lettuce (we like to use a simple Spring Mix)
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1 small tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Heat until bubbly but not smoking.
One at a time, fry tortillas in the oil, watching carefully as to not burn. Fry each tortilla until puffy and light brown, approximately 30 seconds on each side. Remove from pan and lay on paper towels to absorb the extra oil. Set aside.
Cook refried beans over medium heat. Heat until warm and cooked through
Brown your ground beef in a large skillet. Once cooked add 1/4 cup warm water, 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning and the can of black beans. Stir continuously, increasing heat until mixture comes to a slow boil. Remove from heat.
For each tortilla: spread a thin layer of refried beans on the cooked tortilla, top with hamburger / black bean mixture, a small handful of lettuce, a pinch of Monterey Jack cheese, a pinch of cheddar cheese, diced tomato and diced avocado. Serve and enjoy!
(Source: dineanddish.net)Posted on March 17, 2013 at 1:33 AM
- all-time-low-ruined-my-life likes this
- sillysaah likes this
- earthlaughsin-flowers reblogged this from avocadogarden
- jenni-bdazzle reblogged this from avocadogarden
- jenni-bdazzle likes this
- l0s3-y0ur-m1nd reblogged this from avocadogarden
- teaatfour likes this
- junjie-d reblogged this from avocadogarden
- jessicaa-sweetheart reblogged this from avocadogarden
- paigeeearmas reblogged this from avocadogarden
- mflo71 reblogged this from avocadogarden and added:
- avocadogarden posted this